1. Students of 1st and 2nd High School year can participate in the short exchange program and students that are starting their 5th High School year can participate in the extended exchange program.
2. The extended exchange program ranges from January to March and participants must attend school in Aspen, fulfilling school requirements and attending school activities normally.
3. The public or private schools interested in the participation of their students in this program must integrate the Executive Committee, attending to its meetings and events.
4. To qualify in first instance the local schools candidate must meet the following requirements:
5. The selected students and their families must be willing to accept and host a boy or girl from Aspen, as well as to participate in all program events and meetings.
6. The schools will be responsible for the first selection of potential candidates.
7. The second selection will be supervised by the Education subcommittee, integrated by the representatives of the exchange program participating schools.
8. Finally, the Bariloche Sister Cities Committee is the instance that holds the last word and right of decision in all cases
9. To travel, the selected students must pay an administration membership fee for every Bariloche –Aspen Sister Cities program in which they participate.
10. They also will have to cover the costs of an obligatory travel health insurance, in accordance with indications of the education subcommittee, all USA Visa processing costs and fees as well as all involved travelling costs from Bariloche to Aspen and back.
11. They will have to present a complete medical history record sheet, fulfilled and signed by the family physician.
I understand that my participation in the Exchange program with Aspen is a privilege and that I must represent my family, my school, my club and my community as an ambassador, condition that allows me to be part of an exchange program delegation. Keeping this in mind, I promise to: