Bariloche-Aspen Exchange program
Basis and conditions of the sports Exchange program:
1. All boys and girls that live in Bariloche and practice ski in our mountains can participate in the Sports exchange Program
2. To qualify in first instance, candidates must meet the following requirements:
Fill in the form form provided by the Sports subcommittee.
Have a good behavior record, both in and outside school, including in the club he/she are representing.
Not have any disciplinary penalties at the school, club or institution represented by the candidate.
Have qualities of an ambassador, recognized by hi/hers professors, companions and trainers as well as by the interview results.
3. The selected members and their families must be willing to accept to host an Aspen boy or girl sports program counterpart as well as to participate in all events and/or program meetings.
4. The first selection of candidates will be made by the trainers of the represented skiing schools or by a competent person that can reliably ensure the candidate adequate level.
5. Second selection will be supervised by the sport subcommittee.
6. Finally, the Bariloche Sister Cities Committee is the instance that holds the last word and right of decision in all cases.
7. The families of the selected boys and girls must pay an administrative membership fee for every Bariloche –Aspen Sister Cities program in which they will participate.
8. They also will have to cover the costs of an obligatory travel health insurance, in accordance with indications of the sports subcommittee, all USA Visa processing costs and fees as well as all involved travelling costs from Bariloche to Aspen and back.
9. They also have to present a complete medical record form, fulfilled and signed by the family physician.
Sport commitment statement:
I understand that my participation in the Exchange program with Aspen is a privilege and that I must represent my family, my school, my club and my community as an ambassador, condition that allows me to be part of an exchange program delegation. Keeping this in mind, I promise to:
- 1. Accept and obey all rules and procedures of the Sister Cities Committee.
- 2. Accept and obey all rules and procedures given to me by the subcommittee of the program in which I participate.
- 3. Accept and obey all indications received from my professors, hosting family and delegation escorts.
- 4. Actively participate in all sporting and cultural programed events, as well in all those considered important by the exchange organizers.
- 5. Wear the delegation uniform while attending program events.
- 6. Comply with the established schedules for all kind of activities during travel and permanence in Aspen.
- 7. Comply with the scheduled physical preparation program, in view of the following sportive training.
- 8. Dully respect my hosting family coexistence rules, for I’m his/her guest.
- 9. I fully understand and accept the prohibition to smoke, drink alcoholic beverages and to use any kind of drugs during the whole program period.
- 10. Participate in all obligatory activities, except in case of sickness or other reasons justified by the hosting families.
- 11. In case of physical inactivity for injuries or sickness, I commit myself to accept other alternative activities which must not disturb the normal activities of my hosting family.
- 12. Finally, the hosting city Committee is fully authorized to repatriate me to my country, should I fail to dully comply with these bylaws.