Basis and conditions of the Bariloche Voluntary Firemen exchange program
- All active voluntary firemen from the different Voluntary Firemen associations from Bariloche can participate in this program.
- To qualify in first instance, the candidates must meet the following requirements:
- a. Complete the participation form, explaining objectives and benefits for the tasks that the candidate exercises as firemen.
- b. Commitment to transfer to his/her colleagues the program earned experiences, either with practices or with training speeches, and/or by presenting devolutions from previous exchange programs.
- Have a record of good behavior in the firemen institution.
- Show a good discipline record
- Have qualities of an ambassador, recognized by his companions and superiors, as well as by the interviews results
- They must have a language level of English that allows them to fluently communicate with program counterparts.
- The selected firemen must be willing to host their counterparts from Aspen, as well as to participate in all program involved events and meetings.
- First firemen selection will be carried out by the firemen association to which they belong.
- The second selection instance will be supervised by the Bariloche Firemen unified command.
- Finally, the Bariloche Sister Cities Committee is the instance that holds the last word and right of decision in all cases
- The program selected firemen must pay an administrative membership fee for every Bariloche –Aspen Sister Cities program in which they will participate.
- They also will have to cover the costs of an obligatory travel health insurance, in accordance with indications of the medical subcommittee, all USA Visa processing costs and fees as well as all involved travelling costs from Bariloche to Aspen and back.
I understand that my participation in the exchange program with Aspen is a privilege and that I must represent the institution that is sponsoring me, San Carlos de Bariloche and my community as an ambassador, condition that allows me to be part of an exchange program delegation.
Keeping this in mind, I promise to:
- 1. Accept and obey all rules and procedures of the Sister Cities Committee
- 2. Accept and obey all rules and procedures given to me by the program subcommittee in which I participate.
- 3. Accept and obey all indications given by my companions and hosts.
- 4. Actively participate in all scientific and cultural programed events, as well in all those considered important by the exchange organizers.
- 5. Comply with the established schedules for all kind of activities during my travel and permanence in Aspen.
- 6. Dully respect the rules of my hosting family, for I’m his/her guest.
- 7. I fully understand and accept the prohibition to smoke, drink alcoholic beverages and use any kind of drug during the whole program period.
- 8. Participate in all obligatory activities, except for sickness or other justified reasons.
- 9. In case of physical inactivity because of injuries or sickness, I commit myself to accept other alternative activities.
- 10. Finally, the hosting city Committee is authorized to repatriate me, should I fail to dully comply with these rules.